Job Title: Team Leader, Developing Midwives Project
James P Grant School of Public Health (JPGSPH) at BRAC University was established in 2004 as an international educational and research institution focusing on the integral areas of teaching, research, and services. The goal of the School is not only to impart knowledge but also to act as a centre of excellence in knowledge creation through research and training that connects with practice. As a part of that JPGSPH, BRAC University has been developing competent and compassionate Mid wives to improve the maternal and neonatal health in Bangladesh through three years Diploma course at seven academic sites, in partnership with sue Non-Government Organizations, with support from the Government of Bangladesh since 2012 under the Developing Midwifery Project, funded by UKAid from the UK government. We are looking for one Team Leader for this project. .Job profile of this person is given below.
The main role of this position will be to ensure that the Diploma course Ls delivered smoothly and on time. The person will ensure quality education and in-depth learning in all academic sites. She will ensure that the responsibility is shifted to all academic sites in such a way so that by the end of the Project the academic sites can independently deliver the course. She will be assisted in this by six senior instructors of Midwifery Education Programme, at James P Grant School of Public Health, BRAC University.
- Guide the six senior instructors in ensuring that the Diploma course is effectively implemented in their respective Academic Sites following the modules.
- To ensure good quality faculty development at the Academic Sites;
- To develop the capacity’ of the Instructors to independently run the academic course at Academic Site level;
- To ensure that changes in the curriculum are effectively conveyed to and incorporated in the field as and when necessary;
- To ensure development of management skills and understanding of the Diploma course within Midwifery Clinical Support team;
- To provide leadership and inputs in resolving difficult situations with partner Non-Government Organizations at Academic Site level;
- To lead the set-up and running of the two Demonstration Centers under Developing Midwives Project: Phase 2;
- To ensure that clinical practice sites are suitably selected; guide negotiations with these sites so that students have adequate access to patients/clients;
- Provide inputs into the design of the website; ensure that updated news/information relevant for the under-graduate and licensed midwives are inputted into the website at all times;
- To review and approve the teaching materials/ learning packages, questions, Answer keys, etc to be dev eloped by senior instructors, Midwifery Education;
- Assign responsibilities to specific team members for answering calls from field based licensed midwives the primary port of call will be the instructors, Midwifery Education;
- Any others task assigned by the management.
- Post basic graduation/BSc in Nursing/Mid wifery with MSc in Nursing or Midwifery;
- Only female candidates are encouraged to apply;
- Clear understanding on midwifery course and curriculum
- 8-10 years of experience in leadership and management position at any reputed institution/organizations;
- Capable of undertaking frequent field visits;
- Capable of making frequent liaison with the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Directorate of Nursing, Directorate General of Health Services, Directorate General of Family Planning, Bangladesh Nursing and Midwifery Council, United Nation Population Fund , Department For International Development and other important stakeholders;
- Computer literacy is essential particularly MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS outlook, MS PowerPoint, Internet browsing, etc.
- Excellent writing & oral communication skills in English and Bengali;
- Ability’ to organize work, set priorities and meet deadlines.
Salary: Attractive salary package will be offered for truly deserving candidates.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are advised to send an application with a complete CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2017. Please mention in the subject line of your email: Team Leader, Developing Midwives Project.
Only short listed candidates shall be invited for the interview. All tests & interview will be held in Dhaka. JPGSPH regrets to inform that it is not liable to reply to all the applicants.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from qualified women and minorities candidates.
Job Title: Website Developer
The James P Grant School of Public Health (JPGSPH) at BRAC University was established in 2004 as an international educational and research institution focusing on the integral areas of teaching, research, and services. The goal of the School is not only to impart knowledge but also to act as a centre of excellence in knowledge creation through research and training that connects with practice. JPGSPH is seeking a Website Developer to construct a comprehensive website in collaboration with our in-house Graphic Designer and Content Editors, which offers a visible web presence for the School, and offers functionality’ to its users.
- Design, construct and code website based on structure organised by Graphic Designer and Content Editors.
- Create a searchable directory/database for all JPGSPH staff and faculty’, MPH course catalogue, Training Centre seminars, research project archive, and publications archive.
- Support and advise on overall website revamp of design and structure, including creating clear catalogs, folders for data and page storage, site and page layout, making sure website is easy to use, update and maintain, flexible navigation and search function, counting function for web pages visited, SEO, security’, etc.
- Make recommendations for software, hardware, and other back-end applications related to Web development, warranty and maintenance service, establish anti-hacker and antivirus plan for the website, and any other aspect recommended.
- Provide maintenance support for website (as required).
- Experience in the technical construction and implementation of websites. Graphic design experience is a plus.
- Solid understanding of the concepts of user experience, user interface design principles and conceptual design.
- Knowledge of Bootstrap, jQuery and AngularJS.
- Knowledge of industry -standard design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver.
- Knowledge of the Content Management System, particularly with respect to page template design, will be considered an asset.
- Eye for attention to details is essential.
Start: 1 February7 2017
Interested candidates are advised to send an application with a complete CV and examples (minimum 2, maximum 4) of past websites designed to: email@example.com by 20 January’ 2017.
Please mention in the subject line of your email: Website Developer. Only short listed candidates shall be invited for the interview. All tests & interview will be held in Dhaka. JPGSPH regrets to inform that it is not liable to reply to all the submitted applications.
We are an equal opportunity’ employer and encourage applications from qualified women and minorities candidates.