Prime Bank Limited is one of the leading private commercial banks of the country and proud recipient of numerous awards from ICAB, ICMAB and SAFA for published accounts & reports, operational excellence and transparency is looking for qualified and experienced candidate for the position of Head of Legal:
- The candidate must have LL.B (Hon’s)/LL.M from any reputed local or foreign University with good academic record.
- The candidate must be enrolled with Bangladesh Bar Council and have membership of Dhaka Bar Association or Chittagong Bar Association or any other local bar.
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in the Legal Division of any reputed organizations, preferably in commercial banks or financial institutions.
- Strong capability in drafting legal instruments/documents/agreements/preparing and filing court cases independently.
- Expertise in dealing with Court cases, preferably related to banking business i.e. Artha Rin Mamla, Criminal Cases (N.l Act).
- Proficiency both in writing & spoken English and Bangla with computer / basic IT skills.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervise Monitor and Co-ordinate work of the Division.
- Attend Meetings i.e. Board/EC/Audit Committee/Risk Management Committee etc. as and when required.
- Follow up the suits/cases/writs by and against the Bank, review/monitor the accounts against which suits/cases have been filed and attend the court(s) as and when required.
- Take necessary steps for initiation of legal action against the defaulter borrowers for recovery of Bank’s dues.
- Extending co-operation and assistance to 3rd party debt recovery agent.
- Take initiatives and expedite disposal of the suits/cases outside the Court.
- Contact the Lawyers and attend their chambers on behalf of Bank regarding the suits/cases filed by and against the Bank.
- Provide Legal opinion to different Branches/Divisions/Department-Unit on legal issues, vetting of Agreements/Deeds-Plaints/Petition-Application/Affidavit-in-Opposition to protect the interest of the Bank.
- Maintain correspondences with Bangladesh Bank, Ministry of Finance & other Regulatory Authorities regarding suits/cases of the Bank with the approval of competent authority.
- Other duties as and when assigned by the Management.
Compensation & Benefits : As per Bank’s policy
How to Apply:
Interested and eligible candidate can apply for the position at the following link: http://career.primebank. com. bd/career/joblist. html
Application Deadline: April 22, 2018
N.B: Only shortlisted candidates will be called for recruitment /assessment. Any kind of persuasion in the recruitment process will lead to disqualification of the candidate. The Bank reserves the right to accept or reject any or all of the applications without assigning any reason whatsoever.