Senior Sector Coordinator
iDE is an international NGO with over 30 years of experience in designing and delivering market based anti-poverty programs in 11 countries. We are a world leader in making markets work for the poor as well as the longest established market development specialist NGO in Bangladesh. iDE believes that markets can be a powerful force for improving smallholder prosperity by creating income and livelihood opportunities for poor rural households.
iDE Bangladesh currently has eight projects in Agricultural Markets, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Access to Finance with a focus on women’s economic empowerment and climate-smart technologies. iDE Bangladesh is looking for a skilled and ambitious professional for its Women’s Economic Empowerment through Strengthening Market Systems (WEESMS) project. WEESMS aims on increasing women’s opportunities for economic participation and decision-making through improved access to productive employment options with small and medium enterprises (SMEs) led by women entrepreneurs.
The Senior Sector Coordinator (SSC) serves as the key technical advisor to WEESMS on sector strategies pertaining to the market trends, economic and policy reforms relevant to the targeted sectors. The SSC will provide critical economic and policy analysis relevant to the targeted sectors and the overall economy.
Position: Senior Sector Coordinator
Number of Vacancies 1
Job Location Dhaka (with frequent field visits as required)
Reporting Line Team Leader
|Key Roles and Responsibilities||* Provide the sector specific key strategies to the WEESMS technical team and field team for successful implementation through effective research and frequent analysis
* Function as the technical lead and oversight of interventions as assigned and be accountable for successful delivery and results, under the supervision of the Team Leader
* Develop effective partnerships with stakeholders (private and public), subsequently also build the capacity of the project team in private sector engagement
* Operate as a regional iDE contact person and for institutional iDE requirements
|Education||* Master’s in Business Administration/ Masters in Management. Economics or Development Studies|
|Work Experience||* At least 5 years of experience working on market system development and familiarity to M4P (Markets Work for Poor) principles and preferably directly involved with project implementation
* 3-5 years of experience working closely with Home Textile and Jute Diversified Products / Processed and Packaged Foods Sector, strong understanding of value chains, networks and key stakeholders in these sectors would be preferred
* Familiarity and experience with project management concepts such as Logical Frameworks, Impact Logic or Results Chains
* Considerable understanding and knowledge of rural markets, trading relationships and rural service provision
|Management and Programmatic Skills
|* Ability to plan and implemented iterative field level activities for market systems change (looking beyond the DIP)
* Understands the facilitative role and local market development approach
* Experience of value chain approaches, market development and deep dive research
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to work with various national and international team members and flexibility to adapt to different work conditions
* Ability to interact and collaborate with a broad range of public and private sector and NGO partners
|Physical and Language Skills||* Ability to travel and undertake fieldwork in rural contexts
* Written and oral communication skills in English, including ability to present coherent and convincing messages to different audiences
* Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, email and the internet
* Familiarity with internet based software systems such as Google Apps and Salesforce
|Other Information and Conditions||* The position would be the regular employment of iDE*B
* The remuneration package, work days and deliverables might be change based on negotiation between iDE management and the contract
* iDE reserves the right to terminate this agreement any time with the consultation of the employee as per HR policy
* It is duty and accountability of the Senior Sector Coordinator to maintain full confidentiality for sharing information, documents and others issues with others.
Women are actively encouraged to apply.
iDE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.
Please submit your recent CV (maximum 4 pages) with a cover letter describing motivation along with prescribed job application form (click here) to bangladesh-iobsrgiideglobal.org. Please mark the subject line the position you applied for.
Only short-listed and qualified candidates will be notified.
Deadline: 14 January 2018 COB (4:30pm)
iDE Bangladesh | www.ideglobal.org/country/bangladesh