The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh (ICAB) Job Circular Particulars and Job Description are given below.
Job Title: Secretary
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh (ICAB) was established under the Bangladesh Chartered Accountants Order 1973 (President’s Order No. 2 of 1973) to regulate the profession of accountancy and the matters connected therewith. ICAB is a member of IFAC, CAPA and SAFA.
The main mission of ICAB is to promote and regulate high quality financial reporting and auditing in Bangladesh, to develop and maintain the competence of professional accountants and enhance the reputation and contribution of the finance professional in all sectors of the economy.
ICAB is inviting applications from competent persons for the position of Secretary-ICAB who is the head of the Institute’s executive function and reporting to the Council of the Institute (highest policy making body).
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for overall management of the day to day activities of the Institute with core responsibilities of operational issues.
- Lead and manage the Institute’s employees and resources in order to maintain an efficient, effective, responsive and financially sound Institute.
- Lead the executive team of the Institute.
- Ensure that Institute’s activities are focused on the needs of the profession and the stakeholders.
- Ensure performance oriented culture.
- Prepare the budget of the Institute for approval of the Council and monitor implementation thereof.
- Develop action plan to implement the strategies set by the Council.
- Promote and uphold the image of the profession and the Institute nationally and internationally.
- Maintain effective working relation with the Government, regulatory bodies, stakeholders and media.
- Act as principal spokesman of the Institute.
Preferred Age limit: 45-60 years.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- Graduate in any discipline having minimum 20 years of experience in multinational/national organization(s)/ Government/Semi Government of which at least 3 years’ working experience in senior managerial position. Retired Government Official (not below the rank of Joint Secretaryj/Retired Defense Official (not below the rank of Brigadier General equivalent)/CEO/COO/Fellow Chartered Accountant will get preference.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally in Bangla and English, and proficiency in the use of the information technology.
- Strong negotiation and situation management skills.
- Adaptable and pleasant personality.
Persons having above mentioned qualifications, experience and competencies may apply with detailed Resume and Cover Letter within 23 March 2017 to the Prothom Alo Box No. # 09/17, CA Bhaban, 100 Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue, Kawran Bazar, Dhaka-1215, marking the envelope as “Application for the position of Secretary-ICAB”. Interested candidates may also send their application electronically to email@example.com.
Attractive compensation package will be offered to the deserving candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.