KfW, the Development Bank of Germany active in Bangladesh in the areas of energy climate change, health and local governance is seeking a suitable candidate for the position as Project Coordinator at KfW office Dhaka.
Position: Project Coordinator
The main task of the Project Coordinator will be to support project implementation of selected projects financed by KfW Development Bank- in different sectors on behalf of the German Government-in Bangladesh. At the beginning the main focus will be on KfW projects in one of the sectors of German Financial Development Cooperation (energy, adaptation to climate change in urban areas, health and local governance), The scope, however, might be widened later on to other sectors and projects. This results in the following tasks:
- Closely cooperate with and support the headquarter-based project managers in implementing and monitoring projects, i.e. by providing timely and relevant project-and sector-information, analysis and recommendations and by drafting project proposals, completion and evaluation reports and other documentation as required.
- Cooperate very closely and advise KfW’s project partners in all matters relating to the implementation of the projects in line with KfW’s procedures. Monitor and accelerate the administrative procedures on the Bangladeshi side related to contracts, agreements and disbursement of funds.
- Achieve, maintain and share a thorough understanding of respective sector-developments in Bangladesh on the political, regulatory and macroeconomic level, as well as of activities of other international development institutions.
- Participate and represent KfW at meetings with the project partners as well as with the German Embassy and other German and international development institutions locally.
- Assist in other tasks as assigned by the office Director.
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Openness and interest to work in different sectors and to travel to the project sites as well as to Germany.
- MBA or MS in Economics or Social Science, Management, Engineering or related fields from a recognised university.
- Several years of work experience in project management, preferably in the area of one of the sectors KfW is working in.
- Experience with the work and procedures of the Bangladesh’s government administration and/or with Development Partners.
- Involvement with development cooperation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Bangla and English.
- Good Knowledge in Microsoft Office application Package.
- Readiness and ability to quickly comprehend complex structures and processes capability of analytical and strategic-conceptual thinking.
- Initiative, commitment, output/result-orientation.
- Excellent communication, social and interpersonal skills, strong capacity for teamwork while at the same time ability to work independently.
- KfW is looking for a permanent assignment; the successful candidate will, however initially be provided with a two-year contract including a six-month probation period. Remuneration will be competitive, and in line with the qualifications. Women are highly encouraged to apply. Interested candidates are requested to send their application with CV, two references and a recent passport size photograph in an envelope by mail to
KfW Dhaka Office :
Road-90. House 10/C, Gulshan-2, Dhaka-1212
by January 5, 2017. The envelope is to be marked “Application for the post of Project Coordinator” Only Short listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview which will take place end of January, 2017. The advertiser reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without assigning any reasons whatsoever.