Advertisement for the recruitment of Programme Manager Urban Health and Empowerment
1. Position: Programme Manager Urban Health and Empowerment
2. Company/Organisation: Swiss Red Cross
3. Job Description/Responsibility
The position will be based in Dhaka.with extensive traveling to project sites in Mirpur (Dhaka) and Tongi (Gazipur). The position is expected to:
- Provide Contextual Analysis by: closely follow up development of policies, regulations and protocols on urban development that have a bearing on the project.
- Provide Support for Implementation and Monitoring of the Project through: tracking progress, assisting the team in monitoring and evaluation, conducting various orientation and trainings for project staff and beneficiaries, and sharing widely the analysis of project progress within the project and SRC team.
- Communication, Reporting and Networking: establish a project management information system; timely generation of reports adhering to SRC standards; represent SRC in various meetings and intensively liaise with stakeholders and Government institutions.
- Degree in either sociology,economic, law or business from a recognized University (applicants with an additional Master in Public Health will be given preference!
- At least 5 years’experience in the urban context (good understanding of the urban dynamics and familiarity with urban governance structures)
- Experience in working with/for international NGOs
- Experience in working with Local Government Institutions is highly preferred
- Experience in project cycle management
- Familiar with action research, critical use of research findings in programmatic work
- Excellent English and Bangle, spoken and written
- Microsoft office (words, excel, pot, outlook)
- Other competencies: strong analytical thinking report writing skills, good interpersonal skills
- Age between 35 to 45 years
5. Salary and other Benefits
As per rules of the organisation,
Instructions for applying:
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit application with a detailed CV including motivation, experience, two professional references, other particulars and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org to Admin ‘HR Department. Swiss Red Cross before Saturday 30 January 2017.
Women ate highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
A detailed job description shall be made available on request for the shortlisted candidates.