An outstanding opportunity to join one of the largest international public-private joint venture in the manufacturing sector of Bangladesh, engaged in production of ammonia/urea fertilizer with world class technologies. This successful and profitable business has been consistently operating to international standards, conformed to industry best practices and secured international accreditations. KAFCO seeks candidates for the position of its CEO, to lead current operations and propagate its further expansion /diversification. This is a unique career opportunity, which offers a 2 to 3 years’ contract, which may be renewed after successful completion.
- Report to the Chairman and the Board of Directors of the Company and accountable for the Company’s entire day-to-day operations, profitability and growth. Together with other Chief Officers of the Company form the Executive Management of the Company.
- Forge strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders of the Company to win support for the Company’s growth initiatives. Ensure global standards and best practices in all spheres of the Company’s activities within the budgets as set forth by the Company’s Board of Directors.
- Develop and lead strategic directions for improving the business of the Company through ensuring supply of its major raw materials, viz. natural gas, water, local and imported chemicals for continued high level efficiency/productivity/performance of its existing plant, while strongly pursuing its further expansion/diversification efforts.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduation or post-graduation degree in Economics/ Management / Finance / Marketing / Business Studies / Engineering or any related field from reputed universities. Outstanding academic achievements or professional certifications will be treated as added qualifications.
- The incumbent needs to have experience of at least 10 years in case of a post graduate candidate and at least 15 years in case of a graduate candidate, in a head of businesses /senior management position in well reputed Organizations. Exposures in strategic management system with renowned global firm and managing large scale production and sales volume in an industrial plant will be preferable. Experience in managing all functions of a business and also of multiple businesses will be preferred.
- Experience of working in senior positions in the Government and having experience of representing on the Board or management of large scale local/multinational organizations will also be considered for eligibility.
Interested candidates, who meet the above criteria and aged below 62 years on 31st May 2017 are invited to apply quoting ‘Application for KAFCO CEO’ along with their detailed resume, current salary details with necessary supporting documents and a passport-size photograph by 31st May 2017 to both the addresses, as mentioned below:
Chairman. Karnaphuli Fertilizer Company Limited (KAFCO)
& Senior Secretary. Ministry of Industries (MOI). Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh (GOB). Shilpa Bhaban, 91 Motijhcel Commercial Area. Dhaka-1000. Bangladesh. E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Secretary, Karnaphuli Fertilizer Company Limited (KAFCO)
1DB Bhaban (13th Floor), E/8-A Rokcya Sharani, Sher-c-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka-1207, Bangladesh.
Email: email@example.com, Phone:+88029183144-47
Karnaphuli Fertilizer Company Limited (KAFCO) is a leading international public-private joint venture company having its state of the art ammonia-urea fertilizer plant at Rangadia, Chittagong with more than 600 employees. KAFCO is inviting applications from qualified and experienced candidates for the position of General Manager – Human Resources on a 2 to 3 years contract, which may be renewable for a longer period. Attractive compensation package will be offered to the selected candidate. Selected candidate will be required to join at a short notice after the selection.
The key areas of responsibility will be:
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the company’s strategic vision and mission. He/she will also play a leading role in the cultural change process designed to lift the Company’s approach to performance.
- Develop plan for overall succession and comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals.
- Able to handle labour relations, specifically in negotiating and interpreting collective bargaining agreements.
- Identify individual and organizational training needs. Establish and co-ordinate a realistic training and development plan and budget to achieve company’s goals.
- Requires human resources personnel with a minimum of 15 years of experience, with at least 8 years working experience as senior management position. Working experience in MNC and large industrial establishment will be preferred.
- Post-graduation in business administration or relevant discipline from reputed institution with major in HR is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of labour/employment laws and regulations.
- Experience in managing personnel, evaluating work performance and training staff; a demonstrated commitment to their personal and professional development and building a strong organizational team culture.
- Strong technical knowledge of human resources functions and technology with extensive experience in the administration of compensation and benefits program.
Applications close on May 7,2017.
Candidates meeting the requirements should apply through mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECT CONTACT WILL BE TREATED AS DISQUALIFICATION